Instagram Therapy Complete Checklist
The Importance of Furthering our Knowledge
- Sum of Life focuses entirely on Mental Health. The main goal here is to try to help put people in the right direction, and for people to find the best help that they need. I focus a lot on anxiety and anxiety-related disorders. However, other mental illnesses such as depression, body dysmorphia, etc. are discussed.
- I tend to call upon 'Instagram-Therapy' accounts that I believe are spouting ideas I personally disagree with in regards to Mental Health. This is deeply important to me.
- If you care at all for Mental Health, bettering Mental Health, or the best way to find help for Mental Health disorders & illnesses, then this show is just for you. And always remember, everyone is different and everyone heals differently. Please take a listen to one of my podcast episodes or follow me on Instagram @sumoflifeofficial!
Mental Health Quotes
- “You who are suffering and read this, turn your attention to the way you think, not to your feelings. Come to terms with your attitude, and your feelings will look after themselves.” ― Claire Weekes
- “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn't.” ― John Green
- “This feeling will pass. The fear is real but the danger is not.”
- “Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.
None but ourselves can free our minds”
- “The hidden strength is too deep a secret. But in the end...in the end it is our only ally.”
- “This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one before.”
Mental Health Books to Get Started With
The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.:
Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter Levine:
The Coddling of the American Mind by Jonathan Haidt & Greg Lukianoff:
Coping with Trauma-Related Dissociation by Boon, S., Steele, K., & van der Hart, O.:
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) by American Psychiatric Association: